Grilled Shrimp and Olive Skewers
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
2 dozen California Ripe Olives, whole, pitted
2 dozen raw medium, shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail-on
1 dozen cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon capers, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Dash coarsely ground black pepper
- Soak 12 (8-inch) bamboo skewers in warm water for 15 minutes. String each skewer with a California Ripe Olive, shrimp, cherry tomato, shrimp and California Ripe Olive.
- Place full skewers in a shallow baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, capers, and garlic until well blended. Stir in basil and season with black pepper. Remove 1/4 cup of dressing to use as marinade and reserve remainder, covered and refrigerated, for dipping sauce.
- Preheat grill to medium. Unwrap skewers and brush both sides with dressing. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until shrimp are pink and tomatoes are slightly charred.
- Transfer cooked skewers to a clean plate and serve with reserved caper/basil dipping sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.