Herby Lime Pollack Kabobs
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
5 ounces natural plain yogurt
1 lime, rind and juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
4 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 pound 10 ounces pollack, skinned and cubed
Pita bread for accompaniment
- Preheat the barbecue or grill.
- For Marinade: Place the ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Add the fish, mix well and leave for 30-40 minutes
- Thread the marinated fish onto 12 skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water before use.)
- Barbecue or grill under a medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve in warmed pita bread with salad, if desired.
Makes 2 to 3 servings.
Tip: Monkfish can also be used in this dish.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.