How to Heat Frozen Crab Legs
The meat of king crabs is mostly in their legs; they're often pre-cooked and sold frozen. For the easiest feast of crab you can have, just thaw them and heat them up. You can also use the thawed crab meat in recipes.
3/4 to 1 1/2 pounds frozen king crab legs per person
- Defrost frozen crab legs in the refrigerator. Place them on a rack over a watertight pan to allow them to drain as they thaw. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow them to thaw completely. This will take a day or two.
- Heat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place legs in shallow baking pan on a rack.
- Roast crab legs just until hot, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remember, they're already cooked, so don't overcook them.
- Thawed crab legs can also be reheated in a steamer or in the microwave.
- Serve with desired suggested accompaniments, or use the meat as you'd like.
Makes ? servings.
Tip: Thawing the crab legs in the refrigerator is safer than letting them thaw at room temperature. Some people thaw them in the microwave or as part of the reheating process, but this can often lead to overcooking. Add garlic or minced fresh tarragon to the melted butter for extra flavor.