Seafood Kabobs with Bay Leaves and a Fiery Glaze
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 pound chunky coley or cod fillets, skinned and cubed
12 fresh bay leaves
1 tablespoon dried chiles
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit or lime juice
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Fresh lime wedges and thyme leaves, for garnish
- Preheat grill or barbecue.
- Thread the fish and bay leaves alternately onto 4 pre-soaked wooden skewers.
- For Fiery Glaze: In a small bowl mix the chiles, thyme, garlic, olive oil, fruit juice and seasoning together.
- Brush the kebabs with the glaze and place the kebabs onto a foil-lined prepared barbecue or broiler and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Brush with any remaining glaze during cooking.
- Garnish with lime wedges and thyme before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.