Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Move over turkey, shrimp has the starring
role in this creamy tetrazzini casserole.
- 4 tablespoons butter - divided use
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked according
to package directions
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside
- Over a medium-low heat melt butter in
a large saucepan. Add onion and saute until translucent.
Add shrimp and mushrooms, cook and stir for
3 minutes. Remove shrimp mixture from saucepan and
place in bowl; set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in
saucepan. Add flour and cook and stir for 1 minute; add
milk, sherry, salt and pepper, mixing well.
Heat and until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Remove
from heat and add the shrimp mixture and cooked
spaghetti, mixing well.
- Place all ingredients in prepared casserole
dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.