Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs
Fresh, healthy and special enough for company.
16 cherry tomatoes, whole
4 zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch
2 onions, peeled and sliced
2 red bell peppers, seeded and cubed
4 pounds shrimp, unpeeled
- Preheat grill.
- Alternate pieces of tomato, zucchini, onions and red bell peppers on barbecue skewers.
- Place on barbecue grill and cook until nearly done, about 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the skewers and cook until the shrimp begins to curl and turn a bright pink.
Makes 8 servings.
- Use any fresh vegetables you can cut in large enough pieces to thread well on the skewers.
- For more flavor, brush kabobs with your favorite style vinaigrette or teriyaki sauce.
- Kabobs can also be baked or broiled in the oven.