Thai Prawns with Coconut
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 pound raw tiger prawn tails, peeled
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon hot Thai curry blend powder
1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons shredded coconut
Lime slices, for garnish
- Preheat the broiler or barbecue (grill).
- In a small bowl mix the oil, lime juice, curry powder, sugar and seasoning together.
- Thread the prawns onto 4 short kebab skewers and brush with the lime mixture.
- Cook under a moderate broiler or barbecue heat for 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with any remaining lime mixture.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with coconut and continue to cook for a few minutes more, or until the coconut is golden brown.
- Garnish with the lime slices and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.