Adobo Grilled Asparagus
Easily add great flavor and presentation to grilled asparagus with a handy, ready-to-use adobo seasoning mix and a sprinkling of toasted slivered almonds.
2 ounces slivered almonds
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic adobo seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic paprika
- In a dry 8-inch skillet, toast the almonds, stirring often, until fragrant and lightly golden, about five to eight minutes. Remove and pour the almonds into a small bowl and set off to the side.
- In a shallow dish, toss the asparagus with the olive oil, adobo seasoning and paprika.
- Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid briquettes; they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium-high heat - if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 375°F (190°C).
- Once hot, lay the asparagus perpendicular to your grill grates and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once until fork tender yet still firm.
- Serve on a platter topped with toasted almond slivers.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe provided by www.simplyorganic.com via Brandpoint Content; Copyright 1996-2014.