Au Gratin Idaho® Potatoes
Classic au gratin potatoes topped with sharp cheddar cheese and fresh bread crumbs. Recipe courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission.
2 pounds of Idaho® potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole with butter. Arrange sliced potatoes in layers.
- Sprinkle with melted butter, salt and pepper. Top with grated cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 378; Total Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 50g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 865mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.