Don't just think of these low-fat fries
as a side for hamburgers or fish, they also make a great snack
or appetizer when served with salsa!
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, uniform in size
(5 to 6 ounces each)
1 tablespoon canola or other vegetable oil
1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Heat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Slice potatoes lengthwise 3/4 inch thick,
then cut each slice into 3/4-inch long sticks. Place in large
bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with herb seasoning and salt;
toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange potato pieces in a single layer
on nonstick baking sheet or baking sheet coated with vegetable
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes are
golden brown, turning once after 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 105.3 calories;
20% calories from fat; 2.4g total fat; 0.0mg cholesterol; 83.7mg
sodium; 444.1mg potassium; 19.4g carbohydrates; 1.4g fiber; 0.7g
sugar; 17.9g net carbs; 2.3g protein
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of the United States Potato Board.