Baked Sweet Potato Fries
These colorful and nutritious roasted sweet potato wedges are a welcome and delicious change of pace.
4 sweet potatoes (or yams)
1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch thick lengthwise strips and toss with oil.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and arrange potatoes on baking sheets.
- Bake potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on bottom. Turn potatoes over and bake about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown all over.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Original recipe created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Adapted recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.