These easy-to-prepare roasted sweet potato
wedges are a nice change of pace, as well as being a colorful
side dish chock-full of flavor.
Baked Sweet Potato
- 4 sweet potatoes (or yams)
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch thick
lengthwise strips and toss with oil.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking
spray and arrange potatoes on baking sheets.
- Bake potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or
until golden brown on bottom. Turn potatoes over and bake about
15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown all over.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Original recipe created by Louisiana Sweet
Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Adapted recipe and photograph provided
courtesy of Lousiana Sweet Potato Commission.