Blue-Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
Twice-baked russet potatoes stuffed with a savory mixture of potato, sour cream, blue cheese dressing, crisp bits of bacon, green onion and blue cheese crumbles.
3 (8-ounce) baking (russet) potatoes
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup creamy blue cheese salad dressing
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Wash potatoes and dry well. Rub skins with oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 1 hour or until done. Allow potatoes to cool to touch.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Combine potato pulp, sour cream, and next 3 ingredients; season to taste with salt and pepper. Fill shells with potato mixture; sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Makes 6 servings.