Braised Vegetable Medley
A sherried medley of baby carrots, pearl onions, fresh pea pods, green peas and porcini mushrooms.
1 1/2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms, or other variety
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup dry sherry
8 ounces baby carrots, peeled
8 ounces pearl onions
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
6 ounces fresh pea pods, trimmed
1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Place the mushrooms in a small saucepan and cover with the broth and sherry. Bring to simmer on medium-high heat. Simmer until the mushrooms are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the carrots, onions and tomatoes in a 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish. Add the mushrooms and liquid. (The vegetables may be prepared up until this point and then refrigerated covered overnight. Bring the vegetables to room temperature before placing in oven.)
- Cover vegetables tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover the vegetables. Add the snow peas and frozen peas. Continue baking until tender, about 20 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of www.butterball.com.