Bread Stuffing with Seasoned Ground Turkey
This classic Thanksgiving side dish is enriched with herbed turkey and crunchy water chestnuts.
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
1 teaspoon ground marjoram
1 cup chicken broth
6 cups soft bread cubes
1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts, drained
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet until done; drain and set aside.
- In another skillet, sauté onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in rosemary and marjoram; continue cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, chestnuts and the cooked ground turkey; toss until well-mixed. Pour the onion mixture on top, tossing to mix evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use as a stuffing for poultry or spoon into a greased baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) until the top has formed a crust and the stuffing is heated through, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.