Broccoli Lover's Casserole
This broccoli casserole is so good—it could turn the naysayer into a broccoli lover.
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
2 cups crackers, crushed
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup grated onion
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Wisconsin cheddar cheese
- Place packages of frozen broccoli in microwave safe dish and microwave on high power 5 to 6 minutes until defrosted. Set aside.
- Combine crackers and melted butter.
- Place half of the crackers in bottom of 10 ounce quiche dish or pie plate.
- Drain broccoli well; combine with remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour over the prepared cracker base. Top with remaining crackers.
- Microwave on medium for 18 to 21 minutes or until mixture is set.
- Let stand 6 to 8 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.