Braised broccoli spears topped with browned butter, bread crumbs and finely chopped hard-boiled egg.
1 pound fresh or frozen broccoli spears
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter - divided use
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped very fine
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, melt half of the butter in a skillet. Brown bread crumbs in butter; set aside.
- Add remaining butter to skillet and heat until slightly browned.
- Drain broccoli and arrange in serving dish.
- Spoon browned butter over broccoli, sprinkle with bread crumbs and chopped egg.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.