Brussels Sprouts with Hot Orange Sauce
This delicious side dish for orange glazed Brussels sprouts makes a gorgeous presentation.
10 to 12 Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Clean brussels sprouts, trimming the ends and taking off the outer leaves.
- Cut the sprouts in half and then boil or steam them for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Drain and reserve.
- Now melt butter in a skillet and add blanched brussel sprouts, ground ginger and season with salt and pepper.
- Now add orange juice and cornstarch.
- Cook through – about 3 minutes. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Pour into a serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Makes 2 servings (increase recipe as needed).
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.