Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto and Parmesan
Brussels sprouts dressed up Italian-style for your next special meal.
3 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into slivers
1 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups light cream (half-and-half)
3 tablespoons Marsala wine
3/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes, tossing.
- Add brussels sprouts and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and toss to coat sprouts. Gradually stir in cream and Marsala. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let simmer until sprouts are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and cook just until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to an oval baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly and top is slightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.