California Style Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of California Dried Plum Board.
2 pounds (3 medium) sweet potatoes, unpeeled
1 cup (6 ounces) pitted California dried plums
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for oiling baking dish
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut each sweet potato into 4 wedges, lengthwise; cut each wedge in half across.
- Place sweet potatoes and dried plums in lightly oiled baking dish large enough to hold potatoes in one layer.
- In small bowl, whisk together orange juice, honey, oil, zest, salt and cinnamon; pour evenly over sweet potatoes and prunes. Sprinkle with ginger.
- Cover with foil; bake for 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425°F (220°C).
- Remove foil; baste sweet potatoes with juices from baking dish. Bake about 10 minutes more, or until sweet potatoes are tender and glazed.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 236; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 53g; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 215mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Dried Plum Board.