I love the simplicity of this sautéed
carrot side dish, it's easy and it's just plain good.
Another delicious recipe from our Family-Favorite
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, pared and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley,
or 1 teapoon dried
- In a 10-inch skillet, fry bacon until
crisp; remove and drain on paper towels and crumble; set aside.
- Drain all but 2 to 3 tablespoons of the
bacon fat from skillet and heat over medium-high heat; add the
shredded carrots, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently,
for about 5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the crumbled
bacon and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6
of recipe): 133.7 calories; 59% calories from fat; 8.8g total
fat; 12.9mg cholesterol; 393.5mg sodium; 405.9mg potassium; 11.0g
carbohydrates; 3.2g fiber; 5.2g sugar; 7.8g net carbs; 3.3g protein.
Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Terms
of Use. Photograph by Hope Pryor; property of CooksRecipes.com.