Carrot Pecan Wild Rice
Wild rice is actually a group of grasses that grow in shallow water in small lakes and slow-flowing streams.
1 1/2 cups wild rice
2 carrots into 1/2-inch rounds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup pecans
The zest and juice from 1 orange
1/4 cup chopped parsley
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup; 1/2 stick) melted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add wild rice to a sauce pot with about 4 1/2 cups of water, and cover.
- Bring the rice to a boil and then simmer for about 40 minutes according to the package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, slice carrots into 1/2-inch rounds and then simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes until they are tender.
- In a large bowl combine raisins, pecans, the zest and juice from an orange, chopped parsley, melted butter and salt and pepper, to taste.
- To the large bowl combine the wild rice and carrots. Mix.
Makes 8 servings
Recipe and video provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.