Cheesy Potato Skins with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Potato Board.
4 medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced green onion tops
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake potatoes 50 minutes Let cool.
- Cut each potato in half. With a spoon, scoop out pulp leaving 1/4-inch of potato in each half. Cut each half in half again to form quarters. Season with salt and pepper. Bake potato quarters for 15 minutes.
- Mash 1 cup potato pulp with a potato masher. Stir in the sour cream, cheeses, tomatoes, green onions and parsley. Mixture will be sticky and hold together.
- With your hands, divide the mixture evenly between the potato skins, pressing the mixture into the skins. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 114; Cholesterol: 7mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 333mg; Potassium: 244mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the U.S. Potato Board.