Cheesy Potatoes On The Grill
Low-fat dairy products reduce the calories in these individual foil packets filled with creamy, cheesy tender slices of potato.
4 baking potatoes, scrubbed (around 7 ounces each)
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded low-fat mild cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped chives
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup low-fat milk
- Cut a 48-inch length of aluminum foil and fold in half, with the shiny side facing out. Spray half (a 12-inch section to the right or left) of the doubled over foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the potatoes in thin lengthwise strips as for french fries and place to the one side of the foil that has been sprayed.
- Melt the butter in small bowl in the microwave and drizzle evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, cheese and chives. Pull edges of the foil upward to create a shallow pan.
- In a liquid measuring cup mix together the sour cream and milk to a thick, smooth consistency. Pour over the potatoes. Fold the foil over, roll the edges upward, and pinch to seal.
- Cook over glowing coals, or bake in a 450°F (230°C) oven for about an hour, or until done.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.