This creamy corn pudding with chives is a wonderful side dish to serve with holiday meals.
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
2 cups milk
4 large eggs
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and generously butter a 1 1/2-quart quiche dish or 9 to 10-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Coarsely chop 1/2 of the corn kernels in a food processor.
- In a bowl combine the chopped corn and remaining corn kernels and sprinkle with sugar and salt, stirring until well mixed.
- In another bowl whisk together milk, eggs, cheese, butter, vanilla, flour and chives. Stir mixture into corn until combined well. Pour into quiche dish or pie plate and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake pudding in middle of oven until center is just set, about 45 minutes. Garnish with chives.
Makes 8 servings.