Corn Timbales with Mushroom Sauce
Delicious, individual baked corn puddings served with a tasty mushroom sauce.
1 cup freshly cut corn kernels*
4 large eggs
1/4 cup grated onion
1 teaspoon salt
Several dashes Tabasco sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 cups finely chopped fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup beef stock
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the corn with the eggs, onion, salt, and Tabasco.
- Whip the cream and fold it into the corn mixture.
- Butter 4 individual ramekins. Fill each one 2/3 full and place on top of a rack in a pan of hot water.
- Bake the timbales in a preheated 325°F (160°C) oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until the custard is set. Remove.
- Make the mushroom sauce by combining all remaining ingredients until smooth, then heating it slowly in a pan until it becomes thick.
- Turn custard out of the ramekins and serve the timbales with the mushroom sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
*Or, 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed.