Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This delicious casserole, with vegetables
baked in a nutmeg-scented egg custard, is a Brazilian favorite.
For a touch of spicy heat, add some finely chopped malagueta
pepper, the most widely used hot chile in Brazil, or your favorite
chile pepper to the skillet with the onion and bell pepper.
Corn and Lima Bean
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen lima beans,
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed,
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, finely
- 1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION®
Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
Grease 11 x 7-inch baking dish or 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, black pepper
and nutmeg in small bowl. Combine lima beans, corn and eggs in
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium
heat. Add onion and pepper, stirring occasionally, until soft.
Add flour mixture; stir well. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook,
stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil and thickens
slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in vegetable-egg mixture. Pour
into prepared casserole. Place casserole in large roasting pan;
fill roasting pan with warm water to about 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until knife
inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from water. Let
cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 to 14 side dish servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12
of recipe): Calories: 140 Calories from Fat: 50 Total Fat: 6
g Saturated Fat: 3.5 g Cholesterol: 65 mg Sodium: 310 mg Carbohydrates:
17 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 6 g Protein: 6 g
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.