Corn and Sweet Potato Pudding
A flavorful baked pudding side dish combining two vegetable favorites—corn and sweet potatoes.
4 large eggs
2 cups sour cream
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 (16-ounce) can cream-style corn
1/2 cup minced green onions
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups shredded sweet potatoes
No-stick cooking spray
6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat eggs, sour cream and brown sugar together in large mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in corn and green onions.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Stir into egg mixture until just blended. Fold in sweet potatoes.
- Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add butter. Place in oven until the butter melts.
- Immediately pour corn batter over hot butter.
- Return to oven. Bake 40 minutes or until pudding is crusty on top and cooked in center.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of www.butterball.com.