Corn Cakes with
Fresh Tomatillo and Green Chile Salsa
Try this dish the next time you serve Mexican. You will be asked to make it again.
6 to 8 (9 ounces total) tomatillos, husks removed and cut into quarters
1 small bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed and stems removed
3 green serrano chiles, trimmed and seeds removed
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon MAGGI Reduced Sodium Chicken Flavor Instant Bouillon
Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups whole-kernel corn, drained and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup (about 2) seeded and diced plum tomatoes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
- For Salsa: Place tomatillos, cilantro, chiles, water and bouillon in food processor or blender; cover. Process until finely chopped.
- For Corn Cakes: Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine corn, tomatoes, flour, egg, evaporated milk, cilantro, cumin and salt in medium bowl.
- Heat prepared skillet over medium heat. Drop corn mixture by large spoonfuls onto skillet, spreading slightly. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. (Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray between each batch.)
- Serve hot with Salsa. Garnish with red onion, olives and lime, if desired.
Makes 5 side-dish servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.