Warm corn pudding is a welcome and comforting side dish.
1 (20-ounce) bag frozen whole kernel corn, defrosted
1 small onion, quartered
2 cups milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (4 ounces) of shredded cheddar cheese
Fresh scallions (green onions)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Add onion and frozen corn to your food processor.
- Pulse until the corn is broken but not puréed, scraping the side of bowl as necessary.
- Add milk and eggs and process.
- Add muffin mix and salt and process.
- Pour the mixture into a greased (11 3/4 x 7 1/2)-inch baking dish.
- Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven 45 to 50 minutes or until outside crust is golden brown.
- To add some extra flavor, sprinkle the top with cheese and garnish with fresh cut scallions.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.