Creole Stuffed Peppers
Sweet bell peppers stuffed with okra, tomatoes, onion, and corn.
6 bell peppers
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups chopped tomato
2 cups sliced okra
2 cups corn kernels
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut top off bell peppers; remove seeds and membranes. Add peppers to boiling water in a large saucepan; cover. Boil 5 minutes; drain and cool.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion in butter until soft. Add tomatoes, okra, corn and black pepper. Cook until mixture is thoroughly heated and slightly thickened.
- Fill bell peppers with corn mixture; place in greased baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake 30 minutes or until bell peppers are tender.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.