Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges
Wedges of sweet potato are dipped in an egg wash, dredged in a seasoned Parmesan bread crumb mixture and baked.
2 pound fresh California sweet potatoes
1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated freshly Parmesan cheese
1 to 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
2 large eggs thoroughly beaten
1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges or slices; set aside.
- In shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning blend.
- Dip wedges in beaten egg; drain and dredge in crumb mixture.
- Arrange on lightly oiled baking sheet pan and bake 20 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve hot.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Sweet Potato Council of California.