An extra creamy hash brown casserole with chopped onion, asiago cheese and a crispy crust of crushed corn flakes.
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pounds frozen hash browns, thawed
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 cup shredded Wisconsin asiago cheese
1 cup corn flakes, finely crushed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, sour cream and salt. Mix in hash browns and onions; stir in cheese.
- Turn into lightly buttered 9x13 inch pan and smooth top.
- Sprinkle crushed corn flakes over potato-cheese mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 60 to 80 minutes, or until top is golden and the sauce is bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.