Smooth and fancy mashed sweet potatoes
with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, crushed pineapple, chopped walnuts,
topped with big, fluffy marshmallows.
Fancy Mashed Sweet
- 6 sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed or
6 (15-ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 cup canned, crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 10 large marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a bowl. Add pineapple,
juice, butter and spices; blend together.
- Mix in nuts and pour into a greased baking
- Top with marshmallows and bake for about
40 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission
spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Lousiana Sweet Potato Commission.