Fruit-Glazed Acorn Squash
Baked, pineapple and orange-glazed acorn squash slices with raisins. Microwaving this winter squash helps soften its tough rind making it easier to slice into serving pieces.
2 small acorn squash (about 2 pounds)
3/4 cup pineapple juice
3/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 cup golden raisins or currents
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Wash and dry squash well. Pierce squash several times with a fork.
- Place squash on two layers of paper towels. Microwave, uncovered, on high 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly tender. Let cool.
- Cut ends off squash and discard seeds. Slice into 1-inch thick slices. Arrange squash slices in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mixing well. Pour over squash slices.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F (175°C) for 35 minutes or until squash is tender, basting frequently with glaze.
Makes 4 servings.