Garden-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Dice any leftover beef, chicken, pork or fish and add to these vegetable-packed potatoes. You'll have an economical, nutritious dinner that includes most of the major food groups.
4 russet potatoes
2 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Microwave pierced potatoes on HIGH for 12 minutes; bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice off potato tops. Scoop out pulp, keeping skins intact. Mash pulp in a medium bowl.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat; add butter. Add onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked onion, broccoli and salad dressing to potato pulp and mix well.
- Brush outside of potato skins shells with oil.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells, dividing evenly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake potatoes until heated through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.