Gingered Carrots with Dates
Carrots flavored with ginger, brown sugar and dates make an irresistible side dish.
1 pound carrots
1/3 cup chopped pitted dates
2 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
3 tablespoons lightly packed brown sugar
Salt and pepper for taste
- Peel and slice carrots.
- Transfer the carrots to a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add salt.
- Reduce the heat and cook uncovered, until tender - about 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and return the carrots to the same pan.
- Add butter, minced gingerroot and brown sugar.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add dates and cook until warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe and video provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.