Green Beans with Pearl Onions
Green beans with pearl onions is a classic side dish.
1 (16-ounce) bag of frozen pearl onions, thawed
3 pounds fresh green beans cleaned and trimmed
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add thawed pearl onions and cook, stirring, until they brown.
- Add balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring until the onions are glazed.
- Blanch the trimmed green beans in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender about 5 minutes.
- Drain and add to the skillet with the onions and toss to coat.
- Add another splash of balsamic and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, finish the green beans and onions with a splash of olive oil.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Recipe and video provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.