Grilled Pineapple Wedges
Wedges of fresh pineapple are dipped in butter, then in cinnamon and sugar, and grilled until browned and sizzling.
1 fresh pineapple
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut the rind off the pineapple, leaving the green leaves. Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise through the leaves and fruit, making 8 thin wedges of pineapple with leaves still attached. Trim the core off each wedge.
- Place butter in a shallow microwave-safe bowl, and microwave just until melted.
- Place sugar in a another shallow bowl, and stir in the cinnamon.
- Dip each wedge of pineapple first in melted butter, then in the sugar mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Grill the pineapple wedges until browned and sizzling, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pineapple wedges to a platter, and let cool slightly before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Adapted recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.