Grilled Pineapple with Molasses-Lime Butter
Fresh pineapple is great on the grill. The buttery, molasses and lime glaze gives the pineapple slices wonderful, rich flavor and color.
1 ripe pineapple, cored, top and bottom removed
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoons molasses
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cut pineapple crosswise into 6 slices, each about one inch thick.
- Brush cut surfaces of pineapple slices lightly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium coals about 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown, turn and grill other side to brown.
- Meanwhile, combine molasses, butter and lime juice in small saucepan and heat together over low heat, stirring, until butter is melted.
- Remove pineapple slices from grill, brush with molasses-lime butter and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.