Grilled Seasonal Vegetables with Niçoise "Aïoli"
This recipe was developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue.
1 tablespoon shallot, small dice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon capers, chopped
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Niçoise olives, chopped
1 cup Canola Oil
lemon juice to taste
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon parsley, thyme, rosemary, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 red bell peppers, sliced
2 yellow bell peppers, sliced
1 pound zucchini, sliced
1 pound eggplant, sliced
1/2 pound red potatoes, par-cooked, halved
1 red onion, sliced
- For Niçoise Aïoli: In a bowl, combine the shallot, lemon juice, capers, mustard, and anchovy paste. Stir in the mayonnaise, yogurt, and olives. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- For Marinade: In a bowl, combine canola oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- For Vegetables: Coat the vegetables evenly with the marinade. Let any excess drain completely away from the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables on a hot grill; cook on both sides (the time will vary depending upon the type of vegetable and the thickness of the cut), rotating once to create crosshatch marks, if desired. Turn the vegetables and complete the cooking on the second side.
- Serve the grilled vegetables with the Niçoise aïoli on the side.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe courtesy of The Culinary Institute of America; Photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.