Grilled Spicy Watermelon
Recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
1 tablespoon lime zest
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup honey - divided use
2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce
Pinch of salt
1 medium sized watermelon
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to high.
- In bowl, whisk together, lime zest, juice, 3 tablespoon of the honey, garlic chili sauce and salt.
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch thick wedges.
- Lightly drizzle each side with remaining honey and place on grill.
- Grill until just browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place watermelon slices on a plate and drizzle with lime dressing. Garnish with cilantro.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 120; Total Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 31g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 45mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.