Grilled Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
These jazzed up sweet potatoes will make a great addition to a grilled meal.
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 (28-ounce) can Bush's Country Style Baked Beans
2 peaches, sliced - divided use
1/2 cup diced onion
3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes and pierce potato skin several times with a knife. Place potatoes on paper towels and microwave on high power for 10 minutes or until soft.*
- Cut 8 (12-inch) squares of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Slice potatoes in half and scoop out small portion of potato to make a narrow boat, reserving the scooped out potato.
- Place one potato half on each foil square.
- Mix baked beans, peaches, onion, bacon and reserved sweet potato into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place mixture in potatoes.
- Bring up top and bottom edges of foil, leaving a little space for steam expansion during cooking. Seal potatoes in foil and place on the grill. Cook 20 minutes over indirect heat, or until warmed throughout.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 227; Total Fat: 2.7g; Cholesterol: 3mg; Sodium: 658mg; Total Carbs: 43.1g; Dietary Fiber: 7.5g; Protein: 7.6g.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Bush's Beans.