Hot and Spicy Corn Gratin
A spicy, quiche-like jalapeño, corn and Monterey Jack cheese casserole.
6 Large Chino Valley fresh eggs
3 cups half-and-half
3 jalapeño peppers, seeded, finely chopped
1 cup green onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, cooked
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix together eggs, half-and-half, jalapeños, green onion, cumin, chili powder and salt.
- Add corn and Monterey Jack cheese, blending well.
- Spoon into greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake about 40 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro just before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chino Valley Ranchers.