Idaho Potato Lasagna
The mushroom mixture looks like ground beef and the cheese mixture looks like ricotta cheese.
2 large Idaho® potatoes, cleaned and sliced thinly (left in water)
1/2 log of goat cheese (approximately 3 tablespoons)
1 cup heavy cream
1 garlic clove, roasted and mashed
2 cups mushrooms chopped fine, cooked, dried and cooled
1 shallot minced, sautéed and cooled
2 heaping tablespoons truffle shavings
3 tablespoons white truffle oil
Salt and white pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine in a bowl the mushrooms, truffle shavings, truffle oil, minced shallots and season to taste.
- In a non-reactive square oven-proof pan, spread 1 tablespoon butter and a touch of truffle oil to coat.
- In a saucepan, combine goat cheese, garlic and heavy cream. Melt cheese and keep slightly warm.
- Layer potatoes on bottom of pan. Spoon goat cheese mixture over all and add truffle mushroom mixture and layer again with potato. Alternate until all potatoes and mushroom mixture is used. Top with last of the goat cheese mixture.
- Bake in oven until golden brown on top (about 30 to 40 minutes).
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission.