Marvelicious Mac and Cheese
A marvelous, and deliciously easy recipe for baked macaroni and cheese.
2 cups (7 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat milk and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour, salt and dry mustard and simmer for 1 minute, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups of the cheddar cheese until melted. Add drained macaroni to saucepan and toss with cheese sauce. Transfer mixture to an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.