Mini Farfalle with Tomatoes and Corn
This pleasing side dish combines mini-farfalle with garden vegetables, olive oil and fresh basil.
1 (16-ounce) box Barilla Piccolini Mini Farfalle
2 pounds plum tomatoes (may substitute a 28-ounce can diced tomatoes)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 (15.5-ounce) can corn, drained
1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds to blanch; peel the skin, remove the seeds and chop.
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add tomatoes simmer for 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Add corn and sauté for two minutes.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
- Stir in cheese and basil before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Barilla America.