This dish is a celebration of the bounty
of a summertime garden!
Mixed Grilled Garden
- 3 artichokes
1 lemon, cut into wedges
3 fennel bulbs, trimmed and quartered
18 baby carrots, peeled
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
3 zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 1/3 in. strips
1 onion, cut into 1/2 in. wedges
1 pepper, cleaned and quartered
1 dozen mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
Extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
Black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Trim the tops of the artichokes, remove the outer leaves, cut
the stem away and then rub with a lemon wedge. Cut the artichokes
in half, remove the choke and quarter. Add to a bowl of acidulated
- To the pot of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon
of salt and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, then add the artichokes
and simmer until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the fennel bulbs and the baby carrots
to the pot. Cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, zucchini, onion, pepper,
and mushrooms to a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and season
with salt, minced garlic and black pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Remove the parboiled vegetables from the
pot and add to the baking dish. Again, drizzle with olive oil,
and season with salt and pepper, tossing to coat the vegetables
evenly with the mixture.
- Preheat the KitchenAid grill to high.
- Grill all the vegetables on both sides
until tender, about 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the vegetables.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Recipe and video provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv.
Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.