Mustard-Glazed Root Vegetables
Roasted leeks, baby carrots, new potatoes and onions are tossed with a tangy Dijon, orange and chutney glaze.
3 medium leeks (about 2 pounds)
1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
2 pounds new potatoes, thinly sliced
3 medium onions, cut into wedges
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons pure olive oil
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup orange chutney (or other fruit chutney)
- Remove roots, tough outer leaves, and tops from leeks, leaving 4 inches of dark leaves. Cut diagonally into 1-inch slices.
- Place leeks, carrots, new potatoes, and onion in an aluminum foil-lined 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Stir together butter and next 4 ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 45 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Stir together mustard and chutney; spoon over vegetables, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.