New Potatoes with Garlic Lemon Dressing
New potatoes are tossed with a simple dressing of garlic, lemon and fresh parsley.
3 pounds very small red potatoes
5 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, or to taste
- Peel a wide strip from around the middle of each potato.
- In a kettle combine potatoes and garlic with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches and boil until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain mixture.
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl and transfer garlic to a blender.
- Add to blender lemon juice, oil, and salt and pepper to taste and purée dressing.
- In the bowl toss potatoes with dressing and parsley. Potatoes may be prepared 4 hours ahead and kept covered.
- Serve potatoes warm or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings.