Olive, Rainbow Chard and Tomato Gratin
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1/2 cup coarse bread crumbs
1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
2 pounds rainbow chard
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 cup pitted olives, halved
- Combine butter, bread crumbs and asiago cheese in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove chard leaves from stalks and chop each separately.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium, add chard stalks and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, chard leaves, salt and oregano and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes until leaves are fully wilted and stalks are tender.
- Mix tomatoes and olives into chard and remove from heat. Pour chard mixture into a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan and sprinkle with cheese and bread crumb mixture.
- Place under a preheated broiler for 3 to 4 minutes until top is golden brown.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 156; Total Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 7mg; Total Carbs: 16g; Protein: 7g; Sodium: 908mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.